GOLDENMUV PREMIUM CONSULTING (GPMC)
GPMC is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it. As
part of this fundamental obligation, GPMC is committed to the appropriate protection and use of personal information (sometimes referred to as “personal data”, “personally identifiable information” or “PII”) thathas been collected online.
This privacy and data policy disclose the ways GPMC and its partners gather, use, disclose, and manage the customer or client’s data. Considerable efforts have been made to ensure we comply with the most up to data privacy and data regulation as at the time of issuing this policy statement.Specifically, we have ensured we complied with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law which came into effect on 25 May, 2018 after being passed by the European Parliament in April 2016 and the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) law which came into effect on the 25th of January, 2019.
When operating our website and conducting legal transactions, GPMC acts as data controller within the meaning of the GDPR and NDPR and processes personal data based on legal regulations or your voluntary consent to data collection.
Any Data Collector is required to contact GPMC and complete GPMC’s data collector certification process. This may include providing additional information about the data being collected and data collecting technology being used; executing the applicable data agreement; and certifying compliance with our technical guidelines and specifications.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GPMC, or where relevant a designated service provider or staff, collects personal information that you voluntarily provide on this website, which may include your name, address, email address, contact information, credit or debit card number, billing information, passwords etc. For example, GPMC or a designated service provider or staff collects personal information when you register on this website, request certain GPMC services or products, or submit the information to participate in any other promotion. If you do not provide certain personal information, not all functionality on the site will be available.
We use this information for carefully considered business purposes which also benefit our customers and which include some or all of the following:
- to provide our services and products.
- to communicate with you.
- to help GPMC improve its services and products and develop new services and products.
- to provide support for our services and products, and for GPMC’s internal quality control purposes.
- to provide you with offers and promotions about services and products of GPMC or of other parties that may be of interest to you.
- to enhance your experience with this website, including to save your preference and login information.
- to analyze website usage and analyze use of the website.
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of GPMC or others and to monitor compliance with and enforce the terms of any agreement with GPMC.
- to operate our services, products, and systems properly.
You can also update your personal information however necessary. Please note that if you exercise choice in this manner, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you. Please also note that this opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
GPMC undertakes not to disclose the information provided by the users to any person, unless such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process such as requests of the government, court, tribunal, authority or other regulatory agency and/or required by any law.
- Protect and defend the analyst or its Partners’ rights, interests or property.
- Enforce the terms and conditions under which its products and/or services are contracted; or
- Act to protect the interests of GPMC, its Partners, or its members, constituents or of other persons.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- this opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law;
- even after such opt-out process is completed, your personal information may continue to be shared with our affiliates and or partners (including affiliated websites under common ownership or control) and designated service providers.
GPMC may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, subject to GPMC’s Law Enforcement Data Request Statement;
- protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of GPMC or others;
- monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on this website;
- provide our services and product you request and contract;
- perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection;
- provide you with offers or promotions from GPMC; or
- operate the systems that provide our services and products properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or by other third parties is not the responsibility of GPMC. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
ACCURACY, SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information you provide to GPMC is kept on secure servers. GPMC uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures:
- to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and
- to ensure the integrity of the personal information.
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in this website’s service. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or legal and regulatory requirements.
RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA BREACHES
We are required, indeed obliged to report any data breaches or cyberattacks within 72 hours of our becoming aware of it.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
GPMC and the parties with whom we work (e.g., service providers and business partners) may place, view, and/or use “cookies”, web server logs, web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect statistical and other information about your use of this website. This information may include information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, device ID, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed this website, the web pages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting this website, the number of links you click within this website, the functions you use on this website, the databases you view and the searches you request on this website and the data you save on or download from this website.
GPMC and the parties with whom we work may use the information collected for various reasons, either on behalf of GPMC or for the other parties’ own purposes, including research, analysis, to better serve visitors to this website (such as by enabling log-in, providing access to certain sections of this website or providing customized content etc.), to compile aggregate and anonymous information about usage of this website and other statistics, etc. However, if you have deleted and disabled cookies, these uses will not be possible to the extent they are based on cookie information.
DURATION OF DATA RETENTION
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations.
- For as long as we provide products and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
GPMC may provide links to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party sites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such sites.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
Here is a list of the rights that you have under the data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. They are:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting GPMC and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
The user shall cooperate with GPMC in order to ensure the security of the information, and we recommend that the users necessarily choose their passwords carefully such that no unauthorized access is made by a third party. The users should undertake not to disclose their password to anyone or keep any written or other record of the password such that a third party could access it.
“GPMC,” “we,” “our,” and “us” refers to GOLDENMUV PREMIUM CONSULTING.